Once your booking is placed and confirmed it forms a binding contract. The following terms and conditions form the basis of that contract. We ask that you adhere to these terms and conditions at all times.
You and your property
We accept no responsibility for loss of or damage to goods, injury or death to persons to the extent that such liability can be lawfully excluded. Your personal possessions, cycles, vehicles, including their contents and accessories are left at your own risk. We cannot be held responsible for any loss of or damage from or to any vehicle or its contents.
If we cannot fulfil your booking
If we are unable to fulfil your booking due to circumstances beyond our control, alternative accommodation may be offered within an 18 month timeframe. In these circumstances where alternative dates or accommodation cannot be offered, deposits and any other monies may be refunded.
Booking Terms, Cancellations and Refunds
- A deposit of 50% of the total cost is required at the time of booking to secure your pitch. The remaining balance is due 21 days before your arrival.
- If you chose to cancel your booking more than 21 days prior to your arrival, your deposit will be returned in full.
- If you cancel your booking with less than 21 days before your arrival, your deposit will not be refunded. Any refunds at this stage will be at the discretion of the site owner.
- If you have paid for your booking in full and cancel within 21 days of your arrival date, your booking will not be refunded. Any refunds at this stage are at the discretion of the site owner.
- An email reminder will be sent when your final payment is due. If this is not paid in time, you will forfeit your booking and your deposit will be refunded.
- Any bookings made within 21 days of your arrival date will require payment in full at the time of booking.
- If you do not arrive for your booking on your booked arrival day, without prior notification, your booking may be cancelled and no longer available. No refunds will be issued in this scenario.
- Bookings should be made on our website www.caracolcamping.co.uk, or via direct contact with us by phone or email. At the time of writing, Caracol Camping does not work with any third party booking providers. All bookings made with us are subject to these terms and conditions, you should ensure you are fully aware of these before making a booking.
- If you are having problems with booking please call or email before completing your booking and we will be happy to help. If you have completed your booking and have made a mistake please contact us as soon as possible.
- Changes to confirmed bookings are not normally made, however in exceptional circumstances, at the managers discretion and within the constraints of availability we may be able to make changes to a confirmed booking. If changes are possible, an admin fee of 5% of the total booking value may be applicable. Management reserve the right to reject any claims for mistakes on bookings.
- No refunds will be issued for a reduction in the number of people on your booking.
- No refunds will be offered if you choose not to complete your stay; reasons include but are not limited to, adverse weather conditions, illness, change of date and also if we have to ask you to leave due any anti-social behaviour which offends our staff, other guests or causes damage to our property and land.
- All prices detailed on our website include VAT at the appropriate rate. We reserve the right to increase or decrease our published prices at any time, either to account for increased costs or in the case of VAT rate changes. In the event of price changes, all existing bookings due to take place within 60days will be honoured at the originally booked price.
Please talk to our management immediately so we can aim to resolve any issues during your stay with us.
Damage or breakagesPlease let us know about any breakages or damage as soon as possible during your stay. Charges may apply to replace damaged items. Please do not take any internal furnishings outside, with the exception of furniture intended for outside use, such as plastic chairs.
All bookings are subject to a minimum 2 night stay. Bookings made that include a bank holiday are subject to a 3 night minimum stay. All bookings made in August are subject to a minimum 3 night stay. If you choose to only stay for 1 night, please let us know in advance, but you will still be charged for 2 nights.
Group & Corporate Bookings
Subject to availability, the entire site is available for private group or corporate bookings. Caracol Camping can assist in streamlining the booking process for larger groups. We are also able to arrange appointment of suppliers that offer group catering, entertainment or team building exercises for pleasure or business bookings. Please contact us via telephone or email to discuss your requirements in detail.Regrettably, due to the quiet nature of our surroundings, we are unable to accept bookings for stag or hen parties or single sex groups.
There is a restricted parking area on site that is suitable for private cars. There is only enough space for 1 car per tent, you will need to make your own arrangements to park any additional cars off-site. Parking is not suitable for commercial vehicles or motorhomes/campervans. Please adhere to the 5mph speed limit when driving on site.
Check-in / Check-out
Check-in is from 1.00pm on your day of arrival. Please do not arrive on site earlier than this as parking may not be available.
Check-out is by 11.00am on your departure day. Please ensure you are off-site before this time to allow us to clean and prepare for the next guests.
Number of guests
Your booking is for a singular bell tent with one double bed for a specific number of nights. The maximum number of people allowed in each tent is 5 (2 adults and 3 children). Any more than this is at the site owners discretion, please contact us to discuss. The basic nightly price is per tent, and includes up to 2 people. Additional guests are charged as follows
Adult (over 16) – £15.00 per person per night
Children (under 16) – £10.00 per person per night
Children under the age of 3 are free of charge
Please note that there is only 1 double bed in each tent, you will need to make your own sleeping arrangements for additional guests.
Day visitors may be allowed with prior arrangement but may be chargeable, please contact us to discuss.
Where the majority of the party is under 21 or includes any person(s) who are normally closely supervised, there must be sufficient capable and responsible adults over the age of 21 present during your stay to provide adequate supervision for the party and each member of it. One such identified person must be present for the duration of the break and accept overall responsibility for the whole party. Children under the age of 16 must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult aged at least 21.
Caracol Camping is located in a working fruit farm, which is also shared with an Equestrian Stud Farm and we ask that campers respect fellow guests and our neighbours. Our intention is to be a quiet, relaxed and laid-backcampsite. Background music is absolutely fine but understand that we need to be considerate. Management reserves the right to ask guests making excessive noise to leave without refund.
Please be aware this is a fully working farm with tractors and other agricultural vehicles in constant use throughout the farm. For your safety the farm yard area is out of bounds to campers and visitors, with the exception to the main site access track, please abide by any directional and warning signage on the farm and avoid entering any unauthorised areas.
Farm Animals and Wildlife
The location of our site means that you may come across wild animals at times. The site is shared with an Equestrian Stud Farm, these horses are kept in local fields. The horses are highly sensitive so under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should they be approached, interacted with, or fed at any time. Please do not attempt to interact with or feed other wild animals. Guests found to be doing this will be asked to leave without refund. We recommend guests do not touch any toadstools, mushrooms or berries as they may be poisonous.Snakes, including adders, are among the varied wildlife that may be found on our site. Adders are venomous but only bite when disturbed. Do not under any circumstances approach them. If you see a snake, do not approach or disturb it, quietly leave the area.Ticks are tiny, spider-like creatures found naturally in grass and woodland areas throughout Britain. Lyme Disease is an illness caused by a bite from an infected tick. Not all ticks carry the disease and the UK is a low risk country for this infection. If you are walking in grassy and woodland areas you can take easy precautions; Keep yourself covered up, keep your shirt tucked in, wear a long-sleeved shirt, tuck your trousers into your socks, if possible and wear shoes, not sandals.
Fire Pits & BBQ
Each Bell Tent has its own dedicated BBQ and fire pit. There is also a communal BBQ and fire pit for all guests to enjoy. Guests are welcome to bring their own charcoal and logs, but these are also available to buy on site, supporting the local farmer.
Fire extinguishers are located in the red box by main facilities.
Guests should refer to the fire safety policy located at the fire point and on our website
Buckets for water are available on site for the extinguishing of fire pits and BBQ’s
Please do not leave fire pits or BBQ’s unattended
Guests must not bring or use any fireworks – including sparklers – or Chinese lanterns, firearms, knifes, air weapon, archery equipment, illegal substances or similar item onto the site under any circumstances.
Please be respectful of other guests and leave the washing and bathroom facilities in a clean and tidy manner. Please report any broken equipment to management so that it can be fixed as soon as possible.
Each tent is provided with the following cooking equipment;
- Camping kitchen with gas stove and gas bottle
- Basic utensils such as plates, bowls and cutlery to suit 4 guests
- Pots and pans
- General cooking utensils
Please ensure that all equipment is cleaned and placed back in its home at the end of your stay.
Replacement gas bottles are available on site, please speak to management. For your own safety, please do not tamper with any gas equipment.
Please feel free to bring any catering or cooking equipment that you may require in addition the provisions detailed above.
Private Tents / Gazebo’s / Motorhomes
In order to maintain the beauty of our site and the luxury glamping experience, please note that private tents, gazebos, marquees, motorhomes, campervans and trailers are not permitted on site.
There is a well signposted footpath at the back of the field that will take you to the many walks around the region, please do not veer into private land.
We regret that at present we are unable to accept dogs on site.
Smoking on site
Smoking and the use of electronic cigarettes is permitted on site in outside areas only. Smoking is not permitted inside the tents or any of the facilities. Please be considerate of other guests and discard of any cigarette waste in the bins provided.
Photography / Filming / CCTV
Photography (still, digital and video) is not permitted in any bathroom or changing areas on site. Only non-intrusive photography of your own party and friends is permitted on our site. You may not carry out photography for commercial purposes or publication without prior permission from the site owner.
We regularly take photographs for promotional purposes, images may be used in promotional publications, on our website or other websites, and on our own social media. Should you not wish to appear in any such material, please notify us before your arrival to site.
Please be advised that as Caracol Camping is not manned 24/7, we use wireless CCTV cameras to maintain security of our site. These provide a live feed to site management and allow recording and video/still recall where required, for example to provide evidence of theft or deliberate damage or to evidence anti-social behaviour on site. This footage is only used for security reasons and is only accessible by Caracol Camping management. Footage is not shared with third parties, except where illegal activity is suspected, in which case images or footage may be shared with the police. All guests are deemed to be in acceptance of this when placing their booking. Please ensure you inform all members of your party.
There is a basic WiFi provision on site. Guests can find connection details in the communal area. Connection is not guaranteed and may be provided subject to third party terms and conditions. This facility is not subject to any particular security and only has limited filtering measures, so access by younger guests requires continuous parental supervision. We reserve the right to disclose your name and address to our internet service provider if we discover than you or a member of your party has accessed or downloaded illegal content or otherwise engaged in unlawful activity whilst using this facility.
Like many campsites we ask that where possible you to take home your rubbish and recycling home with you upon your departure. There is a selection of bins available on site for general waste, recycling and used charcoal. Please ensure the correct bins are used.